Click column header to sort
The Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies invites applications for a full-time core faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Core faculty members revise and teach courses; provide clinical supervision and academic advising; engage in professional development; demonstrate academic leadership through educational research, program innovation, curriculum design, service, and scholarship; and participate in various aspects of the Graduate School in order to promote continuous improvement of key educational processes.
Assess and provide appropriate medical and mental health services which may include pain management evaluation; chemical dependency evaluation and co-occurring disorders. Supervise and assist with the outpatient detoxification procedures and act as a liaison between medical assistants and the medical staff, and provide education, related to mental health and medical issues.
- Assess and diagnose mental disorder in individuals referred in order to treat specified mental disorders and provide consultation services to professional staff
- Provides psychiatric medical expertise in the assessment and treatment of mental disorders to ensure that biological aspects of mental disorders are addressed
- Provide information and support to help educate patients, family and staff regarding mental health issues
- Prescribing buprenorphine
Ensure the provision of optimum nursing services delivery at the site level through supervision, implantation, and evaluation of Best Practices and key clinical processes. Provide direction and supervision for health care employees such as professional nursing and allied health care staff, as well as overseeing clinical and technical issues. Promotes interdisciplinary and cross-divisional teamwork directed toward customer satisfaction and improved patient outcomes, emphasizing appropriate nursing services in support of organizational/national strategic interventions throughout the continuum of the recovery process.
- Supervise and direct key health care clinical processes at the site level in order t0 ensure quality care involving nursing, allied health care entities and onsite medical services.
- Provide supervision for nursing unit staff in order to ensure clear roles, responsibilities, compliance with external/internal regulations/rules to ensure smooth daily operations and maximum utilization of existing resources.
- Participate in multidisciplinary and/or national teams as requested.
Provide leadership for the site nursing department initiatives and staff to result in
a well-qualified, empowered, informed and productive workforce.
The Enrollment Advisor works closely with student services staff, faculty and members of the Graduate School and Foundation to recruit, enroll, and retain students. Assist with clinical placements and internship/externship activities to provide high quality clinical experiences for students. Assists with providing orientation to placement sites, clinical supervisors, and students, and conducts periodic site-visits to placements outside of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation. Ensures that the daily workflow for general administrative details are completed within prescribed deadlines. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent data entry skills are necessary to provide quality customer service to students and staff. Areas of accountability include application completion, career development initiatives, licensure assistance, clinical placement coordination, and Alumni Association. The Senior Enrollment Advisor works as a member of the Student Services team and offers back-up in answering the Graduate School’s main phone line and email messages. The Senior Enrollment Advisor works predominantly daytime hours with evening and weekend hours as needed. The Senior Enrollment Advisor serves students online as well as face to face in Center City and other metro locations, such as St. Paul.
Develop and nurture relationships with prospective students to impact Graduate School enrollment
Assist with clinical placements for students in accordance with Graduate School policies and applicable local, State, and Federal regulations
- Help students and alumni identify career opportunities and navigate the job search process
- Coordinate alumni relations to promote professional development and enhance alumni dedication to the institution
Provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of co-occurring mental health needs of patients. Treatment of patients will involve assessment (including psychological testing) and therapy, including group therapy, with patients who present with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder diagnoses. Additional duties involve participation as a member of a multidisciplinary team, crisis intervention, supervision of unlicensed mental health staff, and ongoing care planning.
- Provide mental health assessment ensuring proper identification of mental and chemical health concerns.
- Demonstrate proficiency in administration, scoring and interpretation of various psychological testing instruments (e.g. MMPI, WAIS, etc.), and integrate results in establishing diagnoses, treatment planning, etc.
- Create treatment plans in alignment with patient’s identified diagnoses and goals.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy utilizing evidence-based intervention strategies and best practices.
- Consistently document assessment and therapy sessions, as well as charges for services, in an accurate and timely manner, consistent with organizational policy.
- Function within one’s competencies and seek consultation when necessary.
- Consult regularly with multidisciplinary team staff members and/or key collateral contacts to work toward comprehensive care for patient, as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to identify ethical dilemmas and consult with appropriate resources.
- Provide supervision of unlicensed clinical staff.
- Facilitate crisis intervention to ensure safety and well-being of patients, including risk assessment, safety planning, and conflict resolution.
Oversee and provide appropriate medical services at Hazelden, which may include consultation with outside physicians as needed and referral, if appropriate. Act as a liaison between nursing and the medical staff, and provide education, related to medical issues, for patients while in treatment. Participate in the on call duties with other members of the medical team as needed.
- Perform admission medical history and physical exams on all patients.
- Order and interpret lab tests.
- Prescribe noncontrolled medications and controlled substances.
- Supervise patients regarding detoxification and other medical issues.
- Serve as member of multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Assure a safe and secure environment for patients, staff, guests and visitors.
The Master Trainer is a full-time position responsible for leading innovation and research and development for Hazelden Publishing’s Training and Consultation department. This position is responsible for the development of innovative and disruptive clinical training services aimed at national markets across the behavioral health spectrum, as well as maintenance and integration of existing evidence-based curriculum trainings into the national strategy.
In addition to contributing to programming innovation, this position will be tasked with training new and existing Training and Consultation staff members in a variety of effective clinical practices, maintaining systems that allow for sustainable development and education related to market and industry trends, and establishing the culture and vision for the department. This position will be active in the role of business development, and will be expected to produce industry-leading content via research publications, public speaking engagements, conference presentations, and media across mediums.
- Identify market opportunities and pilot disruptive and innovative projects for growth
- Lead establishment of a culture within the programming team focused on innovative applications of evidence-based practices and time-tested wisdom traditions
- Train programming development staff and implementation staff, ensuring revenue goals are met and quality of products is adequate
- Develop business on a national level, engaging with industry, state, and national leaders to establish sustainable revenue