The Executive Director Patient Access is responsible for leading and managing patient access and to all levels of care at the national level. The Executive Director Patient Access oversees the development and implementation of the strategic initiatives that support our mission and vision of Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation. Ensuring patient, family and other external stakeholders experience and employee engagement are at the forefront; within the policies, standards of care, and parameters of the organization.
Provide vision and direction for the efficient and timely response to inquiries regarding treatment services throughout the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundations continuum of clinical services.
- Conduct eligibility screenings that facilitate the timely scheduling of appointments for the purpose of admitting to treatment services.
- Develop standard work flow utilizing best practice and expert knowledge-based information and experience.
- Define the work expectations and create individualized and departmental metrics for inquiry conversion and other key business process such as live call answer percentage, first contact to scheduled appointment, etc.
- Develop/design process with input of process stakeholders for efficient and timely delivery of patient access services. Promote process orientation and teamwork across structural (disciplinary/departmental) boundaries.
- Ensure adherence to organizational, divisional and site policies, procedures and practices.
Provide leadership and supervision for each director/manager to implement and monitor results from established strategic goals and action plans.
- Facilitate and coach directors/managers to achieve results for strategic goals and action plans.
- Oversee the daily operation of the department, including collaboration with all Hazelden Betty Ford facilities, programs, marketing and sales managers to identify customer service needs.
- Monitor results, maximizing financial and mission performance.
- Monitor, assess and report customer input about the quality of services to ensure Hazelden Betty Ford’s commitment to quality and standards of care, finding opportunities for improvement.
- Support and model the Hazelden Betty Ford “Be of Service” leadership philosophy and expectations.
As a leader, this position is responsible for:
- Facilitating the selection, placement and development of new and existing employees.
- Conducting one-on-one performance communication sessions with direct reports to measure progress on goals, development plans and provided feedback on progress on a regular basis, including formal annual performance communication.
- Maintaining current job descriptions for all supervised positions.
- Maintaining awareness and adherence of Hazelden Betty Ford policies and procedures
Cultivating a safe therapeutic environment that is respectful to patient privacy and confidentiality:
- Assure implementation of privacy policies and procedures at the respective department/facility.
- Assure that the workforce in the department and/or facility receives the appropriate privacy training.
- Respond to privacy concerns, issues and violations brought to or requiring attention.
- Participate in ad hoc teams when called upon by the Privacy Officer and/or General Counsel to address privacy issues and/or changes in privacy and confidentiality laws, regulations, or policies.
In collaboration with the director/managers of patient placement, registration and scheduling and director/managers in the facilities, develop and implement strategic operation goals that result in achieving the strategic direction of the board.
- Develop and implement operational goals and action plans for each business unit that supports the overall strategic initiatives.
- Develop and implement realistic and resourceful budgets that support their respective goals and actions plans. Monitor budgets; Mitigate discrepancies, and meeting or exceeding revenue and expense targets.
- Establish key measures that track and communicate the key achievements and results for all goals and action plans.
- Foster an environment for positive change; gains input from key stakeholders, removes obstacles, and provides opportunity for operational improvement.
- Subscribe to Hazelden Betty Ford's standards of care including Joint Commission accreditation.